Is this you?
- You need a separate space to take a breather?
- You want to continue to develop yourself (beyond your homeschool mama role)?
- You want to feel more energized for each homeschool day?
- You want to know that you've got a plan & routine to address your needs?
- You want to be clear on why you're doing what you're doing?
- You want to be clear that your "why" aligns with your "how"?
- You want to feel like you've got enough bandwidth to deal with the specific challenge in your life or homeschool right now?
- You want to know you're showing up on purpose?
- You have separate space to take a breather and continue develop the you that will be with you after you're a homeschool mama.
- You feel energized for each homeschool day, present with your kids, and happy to create homeschool memories.
- You're confident that you're nurturing the nurturer as much as you're nurturing your kids.
- You've got a plan & routine to address your needs.
- You're clear on why you're doing what you're doing, because you've decided on your "why" & it aligns with your "how".
- You don't feel like you've got enough bandwidth to deal with the specific scenario in your life or homeschool right now.
- You know you're showing up on purpose (though you're not always perfect at it, you're doing it on purpose most of the time, and can forgive yourself when you're not.)
About the Retreat...
Can you relate?
I don't have enough time for everything & you feel overwhelmed.
I forget why I'm doing this some days and just do what I have to.
I am constantly doing things for others, but not for myself (not even enough of the basics).
Somewhere in my third year homeschooling, I was done.
In my heart, I was mouthing the words "help me" as the school bus drove by.
I found myself reacting to kids' squabbles or perpetually irritated that a child wouldn't show interest in his studies, by saying, "If you don't...then you're getting on that bus Monday morning."
I knew I didn't actually want to research the local school's telephone number, but I definitely didn't know what else to do.
- I was done.
- I didn't have time for me.
- I felt overwhelmed.
- I was bored by another repeat curriculum.
- I did everything as perfectly as I could, but had a feeling it wasn't good enough.
- I wondered if I was doing right by my kids' education.
Until I watched a Brene Brown TedX Talk and realized I didn't even factor ME into my life.
What did I even need?
I learned I had to take care of ME to take care of my kids.
Whether you've been homeschooling for one month or twenty five years, you need to nurture you too.
Dear Homeschool Mama,
This is the first of its kind:
- A retreat to help you address feelings of overwhelm, doubt, unrealistic expectations, perfectionist tendencies, guilt, and that not-good-enough feeling.
- A retreat to create a plan of self-care for you!
- A retreat to align what you're doing in your daily homeschool routine with how you want to do it.
So you can show up on purpose in your homeschool & your life with clarity, confidence, and renewed vision.
See what others are saying about the retreat:
"I recommend this (retreat) for everyone. I've been making my way through your retreat and loving it! Your voice has a very soothing quality. It has been a special time. Teresa is a gift with the best humour. I am so blown away by the care you take to really get to know who you are mentoring/talking with. It's so rare these days." -- Britt
“Teresa is the real deal! An experienced homeschool Mom who’s been there and can help others get out of overwhelm. Her ability to hold space for silence and difficult feelings makes her “no small talk” approach so effective. I trust her. Her retreat, resources and ask me anything meetings have served me tremendously. I’m so glad she’s in my corner!” -- Carla
“I feel like you know me. You offered helpful suggestions to rejuvenate and equip any homeschool mom in whatever stage she might find herself in.”
“I enjoyed our candor and your laughter, your caring, and your insights. You have allowed the experiences that have challenged you to be the catalyst to helping others.”
“This retreat is for anyone has who has lost sight of themselves in the midst of living a busy life and wants to refocus on what’s truly important.”
“I hope all of your retreats bear fruit into deflated women like me, changing their defeat into delight once again, or for the first time.”
“I told you at our first session that I was looking for hope and the tools unpacked in this retreat have given me hope!”
“I recommend this retreat for everyone. Your voice has a soothing quality. It has been a special time. Teresa is a gift with the best humour. I am so blown away by the care you take to really get to know who you are mentoring/talking with. It is so rare these days.” -- Sheryl
the Homeschool Mama Mini-Retreat
- Welcome Homeschool Mama! (3:54)
- Before we get started, why are you here?
- What are we going to do in the retreat? (3:08)
- Taking Care of Your Feelings (& Thoughts) (1:33)
- Grappling with Doubt (13:21)
- Ten Simple Self-Care Tips for You (8:10)
- Meet other homeschool moms who've taken the retreat (7:37)
- A Final Letter to You, Homeschool Mama (3:33)
- Yay! You did it! What's Next? (4:56)
So, final thoughts...
The Homeschool Mama Retreat will help you develop a routine to self-nurture while reimagining, reenvisioning & recreating your homeschool (& your life).
"Clearly, Teresa writes from years of valuable experience, and so generously shares them with new homeschool momma for their benefit. If you're trying to figure out how to get started taking the stress out of your homeschool day, the section where she shares her own story of overwhelm is pure gold! You'll find solid, experience-tested examples from her own life on creating an environment that is conducive to real education. Also, take note of the authors she recommends as her influencers. If you have to pick a section to start somewhere, there it is!"
Pat Fenner, BreakthroughHomeschooling.com
Feel free to inquire about specific options: [email protected]