Why would homeschool moms want to reimagine our homeschool lives?
I don’t know about you, but I’ve loved my homeschool life. (Most days).
It’s been a remarkable opportunity for my family (& me) to live toward a clearer vision, and more individualized education, and enable each of my kids toward a stronger sense of themselves.
But our homeschool story wasn’t a straight arrow to all that.
For plenty of homeschool years, I tried to make a private school at home (exhausting!)
- I didn’t always know how to address my big emotions, like frustration, overwhelm, stress, and doubt.
- I didn’t really know how what we were doing was specifically raising up the unique kids in our home.
- Also, I fumbled through far too much curriculum, planners, routines, and other people’s homeschool methods.
- And I didn’t know how to deal with the busy toddler, the cute, but active preschooler, or definitely what to do with so much kid conflict and their boredom too!
Though I really wanted the whole thing to be charmed (ya know my website is capturing the charmed life.com). I was looking for perfection, and I could never grasp it.
I’ve learned a whole lotta things. And I’d love to share them with you too!
- You can create a plan to address your big emotions (which helps you address and engage your kids big emotions too).
- You don’t have to homeschool in uncertainty and doubt; you can choose a path and stick to it, because it works for you and your kids, or you could shift gears if that works too.
- You can create a meaningful, individualized education for your homeschool kids that doesn’t exhaust you.
- And you can develop a vision for your homeschool family and not just put it on a piece of paper, but actually practice it day-by-day.
Of course, the more time you practice, the more you’ll see what I’ve seen.
This homeschool thing really does work! And if you WANT to do it, you CAN do it.